Read my Albuquerque Disability Benefits Blog for more information!
Albuquerque disability lawyer answers your Social Security disability questions
As an Albuquerque disability lawyer with more than 30 years’ experience representing the disabled and injured in New Mexico, I know how challenging the process of obtaining Social Security disability benefits can be. The Social Security rules and regulations are complicated, and the bureaucracy of the Social Security Administration does not lend itself to quick answers or individual attention.
I built this website to provide an alternative source of Social Security disability information — one that provides easy-to-find, straightforward answers to your questions. The videos linked to this page are a good place to start; they provide a brief overview of particular topics, including eligibility (e.g., Are you likely to qualify …) and the hearing process (e.g., How to be persuasive …). My Social Security disability library, located at the bottom of this page, contains dozens of articles that explain the law and provide practical tips on improving your chances of success. Additionally, my Albuquerque Social Security Disability Attorney Blog contains updates about New Mexico disability issues that may be of interest to you.
Depending on your situation, you may also find the following particularly helpful:
If you are considering applying for Social Security disability benefits:
- Frequently Asked Questions provides a good introduction to Social Security disability.
- Tips for Applying explains what the Social Security Administration looks for before awarding benefits.
- our Social Security Disability Library section below, Applying for Disability Benefits When…, explains how the Social Security Administration evaluates particular impairments.
- Examples of who is and who is not disabled is an eye-opening article that describes how the Social Security rules and regulations apply to real-life situations. You may be surprised at the results.
If your initial application for Social Security disability benefits was denied:
- The Sequential Evaluation Process explains the 5-step process that Social Security uses in every case to decide whether to award benefits. The information provided here may help you determine why your application was denied.
- Disability Appeals is a series of articles that provides an overview of the appeals process.
- Your Disability Hearing is a series of articles that focuses exclusively on the administrative hearing phase of the appeals process.
- Helpful Suggestions for Appealing a Denial of Benefits is a booklet of practical tips and how-to advice, delivered by email, followed by a series of start-to-finish practical tips, delivered by email.
Recommended articles: What are two major mistakes made by Social Security disability benefit applicants?
Contact an Albuquerque disability lawyer
The information provided on this website is a good first step toward presenting a persuasive case to the Social Security decision-maker. I hope you find it useful. If, in addition, you find that you need more specific information, or if you would just like to talk with a knowledgeable Albuquerque disability lawyer about the facts of your particular case, please contact me. You can reach me by phone or email, or by submitting the Free Claim Evaluation form on this page.
I wish you success.
Albuquerque disability lawyer
Experienced Lawyers in other areas: Tampa family law attorney